Saturday, January 15, 2011

Workspace

So it is the new year and I am again reflecting on my artistic process as well as what it means to be an artist in the world. I am in the  process of rearranging my home workspace in the hopes that it will give me a more productive work space. I have recently taken the TV off my desk in the hopes that I will be more productive in my lesson planning for the week and will also give me a place to set up the small, portable sewing machine that I purchased. Today I had velvet laid out on my rug for a dress that I am making and I realized how helpful it would be to have a table to spread it out on. Right now I am limited on space so I have to make due with what I have.
I am definitely in the process of experimentation right now. I am playing with different materials and rearranging my workspace. I also have a few t-shirts lying around that I want to make into a laundry bag to replace the giant plastic bag that I have been carrying back and forth to the laundromat. As for my crocheting, I am almost finished with the shawl that I started in the Czech Republic. It is constantly reminding me of traveling and I am a bit restless to explore a new culture again. Hopefully as I continue to rearrange things, it will also help me to rearrange my thought process and help me to see new opportunities.  And hopefully I will be traveling again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

All posted material is subject to U.S. copyright rules and regulations..