Saturday, January 21, 2012

Think Bigger

In my never ending quest to find the people, places, and things that are going to help me grow artistically, I had this thought come to me out of the blue this week. This little idea popped into my head, saying "You're thinking too small." "Thinking too small?," I thought. "What does that mean?" For me that means that I am not setting my goals high enough. It means I need to stop limiting myself to opportunities that don't require much experience or many qualifications.

How often do we think too small in our day to day lives? How often do we choose what is safe and easy because it provides us with a predictable outcome?  All of us are meant to set the bar higher and dream bigger. This means if you want to run a marathon, do it! If you want to write a book, do it! If you want to paint, sing, or dance, then just do it! It is easy to get caught in limiting ideas of what is possible. Often people will give what seems to be well meaning advice, such as that's only for the young, rich, healthy, etc. I beg to differ. I think if you can see it in you're mind's eye, you have the answer inside of you on how to achieve it. It might take some stumbling along the way, but anything is possible if you believe in yourself and your dreams, no matter what age you are.

In the spirit of thinking bigger, I am posting an image of a soft, knit, city sculpture that I created from Anna Hrachovec's book Knitting Mochimochi. If you are looking for some cute and funny patterns for soft sculptures, I recommend checking out her site http://mochimochiland.com

And remember THINK BIGGER!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post - very inspiring. I, for one, was in desperate need of some encouragement. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

All posted material is subject to U.S. copyright rules and regulations..